CS5 - Specific aims for improving quality of university governance and management, including quality enhancing organisational changes
CS 5.1 New structure
- to implement reorganization solutions outlined in the Statute, in particular the changes tying the structure of research units with specific fields of science (field schools) and disciplines of science (disciplinary faculties).
- To create a single Centre for Science and Project Support, which concentrates knowledge, sets the standards, procedurally supports the process of obtaining, using and settlings financial resources and is a centre for collecting information for external (statutory obligation) and external needs (management information for improving the University and achieving strategic aims).
CS5.2. Process management
- more extensive use of the process model in managing the university.
- to verify information flow between teams within a given unit and its effectiveness in the management system.
- to define risk areas in management processes.
- to model processes and propose organizational changes and optimization based on those models, to create "soft infrastructure" in the form of more transparent and understandable regulations.
CS5.3. TECHNOLOGY TRANSFER
- to augment the potential of the University Centre for Innovation and Technology Transfer in the increase the level of support in intellectual property management, commercialization, and research services.
- to establish a new formula for the Economic Convention which would comprise representatives of key international corporations operating in Poland.
- to develop mechanisms for funding university units tied to measureable indicators included in the university funding distribution algorithms.
CS5.5. Scientific marketing - to develop marketing based on identity, integrity, and image.
CS5.6. To create managerial and organizational mechanisms leading to improve visibility of scientific achievements
- recognisability, and cooperation of researchers (development of a scientific information system based on ORCID, Scopus or researcher cooperation on LinkedIn, ResearchGate). To create a specialist unit comprising library sciences and marketing experts.
CS5.7. ERP - Enterprise Resource Planning, integrated management of main business processes, including numerous factors such as:
- hardware, software, personnel, functions, processes, etc. Integrated ERP system allows for integrating all business processes and information in a single software platform.
CS5.8. Management staff management
- To develop specific management and administration staff competencies indispensable in the scientific environment including: teamwork, openness, constant learning, fostering proactive attitudes, effective communication, agility and adaptability, complex problem solving, planning and organizing, as well as emotional intelligence.
CS5.9. Green University
- To develop the Green University program which aim is to raise awareness of sustainable development and natural resource conservation among academics, as well as to support or initiate research and education programs focusing on the natural environment.
CS5.10. To develop IT infrastructure and attendant systems to support university management, research, and education processes, as well as the promotion of scientific achievements.
- To optimize operating costs using outsourcing and cloud-based solutions.
- To develop IT and organizational supporting, and educational teamwork in research tools, and D-learning, including international teams from different universities.
CS5.11. Values - to raise awareness of the university's values among the entire academic community:
- INTEGRITY – reliability, consistency, honesty, sincerity in research and administrative work;
- RESPECT – a belief that all employees have an impact on the direction, pace, and quality of the university’s development, and understanding that mutual kindness has an impact on the achieved results;
- COMPETENT TEAM – at all management levels, scientists and researchers work with passion, remain open to new technologies, command knowledge corroborated by scientific publications, academic titles, and experience in implementing global, European, and national projects.