The project objectives
The aim of the SWOT analysis which was prepared by project team and was included in the application was not only determine our scientific, didactic and organizational condition and identify Priority Research Areas, but also it was needed to define activities that will allow to achieve the goals – both the strategic ones (10 goals) and the resulting detailed goals (57 goals), according to the call’s rules they were classified into six categories:
- The objective to increase the impact of university’s scientific activities on development of world science, particularly in POB;
- The objective to impact the scientific cooperation with academic institutions with high international reputation, particularly in POB;
- The objectives to improve the quality of students and PhD students education, especially in faculties and scientific disciplines related to POB, including the need to involve students and PhD students in conduct scientific research, and the need to compete effectively for the most talented studies and doctoral schools candidates, and also talented management.
- The objectives to prepare and implement complex solutions which are to develop the professionals skill of the university’s employee, in particularly young researchers;
- The objectives to improve the university management quality including pro-quality organizational changes;
- The other detailed objectives to raise the international profile of the University’s activities.
Submitted and described actions included in ID-UB application need to be consistent with all the aims, and also rational (realizable) and effective, also in the context of their financial valuation.
For these reason, the theme: action as an important element of call application and important element of research university which is under consideration of international expert team (ZME) - were the third of the criteria for evaluating a call proposal: the relevance of the described aims. ZME concluded that “the 45 selected actions are related to aims. They stimulate and support the selected priority areas. The others are in general character and/or their aim is to transfer good practices from priorities areas to the whole AMU, while next part of actions is adapted to realizing detailed tasks. This division makes sense”.
All accepted actions were described in details, according their scope, relation to aims and they were precisely set in project realization schedule and priced. Accepted package of activities is therefore a kind of algorithm according to it the project will be implemented and – which should be underlined-according to it the financial resources will be spent. The package of activities is also a set of real instruments that will allow to influence the achievement of accepted project indicators.
- Radical increase the internationalization of conducted research – international strategic partnership.
- The increase the efficiency of obtaining funds for research from national and European funds – implementation of an effective support system.
- The increase the effectiveness of publishing in high prestige scientific journals – implementing an effective support system.
- Restructuring of AMU related to the identification and functioning Priority Research Areas.
- Establishment and development of “Institute for Advanced Studies in Social Sciences and Humanities” – aggregation of scientific potential in the area of social sciences and humanities.
- Strong financial relations organizational units of AMU and financial relations for research and research and teaching staff with research findings.
- Increase the internationalization the research and research didactic staff of AMU – implementing programs: “AMU Excellence Visiting Postdoctoral Researchers” and “AMU Excellence Visiting Professors”.
- The establishment of the AMU Doctoral School and its strong internationalization.
- Revitalizing second-years degree programs toward “research-based learning”.
- Implement an effective “talent management” system.