CS2 - Specific aims for enhancing research collaboration with research institutions of high international reputation, especially in Priority Research Areas
CS2.1 Selectivity in International Research Partnerships
- developing and implementing internal procedures pertaining to increase the number of research-intensive partnerships, especially in terms of co-funding research. Support will be provided to research teams cooperating with globally partners position. Partnerships with a few select prestigious institutions will be promoted—Strategic Research Alliances at the POB level and Strategic Research Alliances at the university level (a select group of leading European universities).
CS2.2 New Internationalized AMU Doctoral School
- developing and implementing internal procedures to support the internationalization of education at the AMU Doctoral School. Supporting doctoral student involvement in international collaborations, with particular focus on identified international strategic alliances. Exploiting international collaborations for the purpose attracting renowned foreign teaching talent to train doctoral students.
CS2.3 Top Academic Minds and Research Talent Management
- developing and implementing internal procedures to attract in more effectively way top young researchers from Poland and abroad for short-term initiatives. Providing systemic support to hire top researchers for individual POBs and for the university in general (identifying talent at every stage of their research career, developing a competitive support system for researchers showing top research performance metrics).
CS2.4 Institute for Advanced Studies in Social Science and the Humanities
- developing and implementing an umbrella structure and a no-wall institution to radically increase research cooperation within POB05 and boost international cooperation with selected foreign partners in the humanities and social sciences. Thus, research efforts within this particular POB will require effective integration and utilization of the considerable internationalization potential presented by so-called "islands of excellence."
CS2.5 Faculty Internationalisation: International Postdocs at AMU
- developing and implementing internal procedures for a system of funding postdoc positions (for a period of up to 12 months, with competitive salaries, especially considering the relatively low costs of living in Poland). Providing effective support for "international postdocs"—AMU Excellence Postdoctoral Researchers Program.
CS2.6 Faculty Internationalisation: International Junior Exchange
- developing and implementing internal procedures for funding short-term stays (from a week to a month) for junior staff at prestigious foreign universities.
CS2.7 Faculty Internationalisation: International Professors at AMU
- developing and implementing internal procedures for funding short-term stays (from 1 week to 1 month) at AMU for foreign researchers, including prominent scholars of Polish descent, from prestigious research institutions. Developing financial incentives with a system of logistical and administrative support to attract leading foreign scholars to long-term research work at the University—AMU Excellence Visiting Professors Program.
CS2.8 Faculty Internationalisation: International Senior Exchange
- developing and implementing internal recruitment procedures for funding short-term stays (from a week to a month) for senior staff at prestigious foreign universities
CS2.9 International Conferences at AMU
- developing and implementing an internal grant system to support to organize international conferences, seminars, and workshops within individual POBs, especially those related to drafting joint grant applications and international publications.
CS2.10 International Conferences Abroad
- developing and implementing an internal grant system to support and encourage the participation (papers, abstracts, posters) of researchers, research-teaching staff, and doctoral students in prestigious international conferences, especially regular one.